Discover more from CMMN WLTH
⫹⫺ Who is Sam Altman?
CMMN WLTH - Cheat Codes For Creators, Makers & Doers
Sam Altman is one of the reasons I started CMMN WLTH.
His, Paul Graham’s, and Marc Andreessen’s essays are what inspired me to start writing.
Introducing me to the concept of clear writing = clear thinking in the process.
In case you missed it - This past Friday he was fired from his post as CEO of OpenAI (ChatGPT & Dall-E), the company which he founded and grew from $0 - $80bn in value.
CMMN WLTH does your desktop research for you. Subscribe below ↓
While the dust settles (and a likely reinstatement approaches) I wanted to share my favorite of his essays in the hope they inspire you too ↓
Sam Altman’s Best Essays -
1. The Days Are Long But The Decades Are Short: Thoughts and ideas on work and success, emphasizing the importance of working on the right projects, living life and maintaining a long-term perspective.
2. How to Be Successful: Valuable advice on achieving outlier success.
3. Idea Generation: On the importance of thinking without constraint and the fragility of ideas. Emphasizes the importance of differentiating between real and fake trends.
4. What Happened to Innovation?: Discusses the current state of innovation, arguing that it has slowed in some areas while accelerating in others.
5. Productivity: A reminder to not neglect sleep, family, friends, and activities you love for the sake of productivity, as they contribute to happiness and, in turn, productivity.