Discover more from CMMN WLTH
⫹⫺ Shiny Object Syndrome
CMMN WLTH 086 - Cheat Codes for Creators, Makers and Doers
Hello my friends,
Top of mind this week:
Novelty Fallacy and how to control it.
Practical advice on overcoming rejection.
Does setting unrealistic goals result in better performance?
I hope these notes set you up for a great week.
Join 270+ creative minds from Amazon, Dyson, Space X & more by signing up below. All signal, no spam.
There’s nothing quite like an Apple Event to stimulate some shiny object syndrome. Understand how Novelty Fallacy affects decision making and three ways to avoid buying the iPhone 14.
“Innovation is often seen as a reactionary force — a response to a problem or an opportunity. But when you consider it holistically, innovation isn’t just about developing new ideas. It’s about taking action and making those ideas a reality.” Hussain Almossawi’s, The Innovators Handbook, provides practical advice for creatives looking to solve difficult problems.
AC Momento’s ambition is to be “football’s auction house”, allowing fans to invest in match worn jerseys sourced directly from the clubs and players. Shirts come directly from partner clubs' dressing rooms or players’ private collections and are authenticated with a digital certificate.
From war analysts, climate scientists and tech regulators to philosophers rethinking sex and gender, a list of the World’s Top Thinkers 2022. It may surprise you that there are no Twitter thread writing thinkbois on it.
Does this sound familiar? ↓
Culture? We don't need no stinkin' culture! We're putting a dent in the universe. That's our freakin' culture.
Culture? Relax. We've got this one covered. We have free beer and a ping pong table. And, as an added bonus, we do cool things like go see a movie premier together in the middle of the day.
Culture? You can't really create that. It has to be built organically. The founders just have to lead by example and "set" the culture.
No matter what, your company is going to have a culture. Make sure you nudge it in the right direction.
Consistency beats talent every time but it’s often not an easy ride. The Four Paths of Rejection will help you move forward.
We’ve all read stories about leaders who set unrealistic goals in the pursuit of better. But, do high expectations lead to better performance and low expectations lead to worse? ↓
Human longevity was once thought to be heritable but has since shown the effect to be closer to 7%. Lifestyle, decisions, diet and activity account for the other 93%. 100 ways to live to 100.
In his book Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell introduced the theory that 10,000 hours is the magic number when it comes to mastery. 15 years on, is it still the path to greatness?
Out of Office
Last Week’s Numbers
Weekly Subscribers: 278 (+2) ⬆️
Open Rate: 53% ⬆️